An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Alliance Communications Advisor to join Submarines. Reporting into the Alliance Communications Manager, the Communications Advisor will support the communications team in driving the delivery of specific and day-to-day internal and external communications and engagement activities
Work with us and we’ll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
We’re a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts. Your needs are as unique as you are. So we encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for driving and delivering specific communications projects and/or initiatives commensurate with level of the role and act as trusted advisor to enable senior leadership group to consciously set the right message and tone in dissemination of key messages (and ensure check for understanding) under the direction of the Alliance Communications Manager
- Positioning and promoting the Dreadnought Alliance through preparation of briefings and presentations, speech writing, brochures and/or publications and media work.
- Provide professional writing, copy editing and communications advice and support covering internal and external (working closely with the Dreadnought Secretariat Team and Communication leads within the Alliance Parties)
- Support compilation/interpretation of data analysis to synthesize and inform key communications and inform initiatives.
- Maintain and operate within agreed communications processes to ensure materials are appropriately marked and adhere to governance on their subsequent use.
What we are looking for:
- Degree and/or relevant professional certificate or equivalent experience in Communications or Public Relations.
- A good understanding of the role of communications and engagement within organisations.
- A good understanding of core communications principles, techniques and skills.
- Experience of working with a number of stakeholders across multiple functions and grade structures, and facilitating/influencing decision making commensurate with grade.
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times.