An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cost Estimating Lead to join Rolls-Royce Submarines.
The Alliance Programme Controls function is responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining the Alliance's Programme Controls (cognisant of broader control environment). It establishes and manages an effective Programme Controls regime, providing assured Programme Controls information and analysis to enable the Alliance MD and team to make quick and effective ‘Best for Programme’ decisions.
Work with us and we’ll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
What we are looking for is an individual who will build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the Parties, to facilitate an effective holistic end-to-end estimating process.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. So we encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work
You will deputise for the Alliance Senior Cost Performance Manager in line with the delegations and authority flowed down
- Manage the requirements, verification, validation and configuration control of BoEs for the whole programme, as key artefacts within the overall Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB)
- Undertake analysis of Parties Basis of Estimates (BoEs), including integration into the Alliance Work Breakdown Structure, and variance to previous versions and current baselines
- Develop, setup and run tactical toolsets for should-cost modelling and Define/influence the strategy to longer-term toolsets to improve should-cost modelling
- Managing programme data provenance ensuring consistency, accuracy and completeness, especially for received BoEs
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience on major programmes, an understanding of cost management, cost estimating, basis of estimates
- Graduate-level qualification in project management, cost estimating/engineering or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Significant experience of working with stakeholders across multiple functions and grade structures, and facilitating/influencing decision making at these levels
- Ability to work through ambiguity, particularly across functions and organisations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills