Would you like to apply your technical expertise within the design of Submarine propulsion? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer – Propulsors at our site in Barrow in Furness.
As a Principal Engineer – Propulsors you will lead industry to design, manufacture and build Royal Navy submarine propulsors equipment, providing technical expertise to the submarine projects from concept to in-service. Your role will involve the management, delivery and assurance of requirements cascaded through our supply chain to ensure that the product meets the requirements of the Royal Navy. You will have oversight of the programme and be expected to manage and advise on technical, programmatic, financial and security aspects. Your role will require an element of travel throughout our supply chain in support of programme design, manufacture and build activities.
In these roles, you’ll work intimately with a number of stakeholders to design, manufacture and build submarine propulsors for the Royal Navy. These roles offer the successful candidates the opportunity to own design intent for an area of submarine mechanical equipment. In maintaining that design intent, you’ll get up-close and personal with platforms and interfacing systems, overseeing engineering and programme challenges unique only to this industry.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer – Propulsors will involve:
- Manage the delivery of all engineering aspects in area of responsibility as defined in the assignment specification or objectives including managing the acquisition safety aspects.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in own technical area to solve complex technical problems and identify application risks.
- Manage the technical requirements for the acquisition lifecycle stage of one or more project, programme, service or system.
- Monitor and implement any governance and assurance policies and procedures to ensure the ‘safe & professional’ status of the area led.
- Lead on the development of requirements related to own area of specialism including acceptance plans, performance criteria and draft specifications.
- Interface with industry as the intelligent customer both in a scrutiny role and supporting the identification of application risks